Reducing harmful chemicals (toxins) and supporting your body’s detox processes is crucial in attaining good health. Even if you don’t have a major illness or disease, you may have a high level of toxins lingering in your body. Detoxing can support weight loss, increase energy, and improve digestion. It can clear your skin, balance hormones, benefit overall healing, and so much more.
We live in a world that is constantly bombarding us with harmful chemicals from all angles. It is said that today, the average person has over 700 environmental chemicals in their body. Even newborn babies average over 287 chemicals at birth. All of this has a harmful impact on your health. It’s no wonder illness and disease rates are on the rise.
So What Are Toxins?
They’re substances that are poisonous to the body and can be found just about everywhere. In your water, air, food, clothing, and everything else in your environment can contain toxins. The good news is that you can do something about it by reducing toxins with lifestyle changes and supporting your body’s detox processes.
The first step to reducing them is to increase your awareness of what they are.
- BPA — beverage and food storage items
- Cleaning products — bleach, all-purpose cleaners, and more
- Fragrances — perfumes, colognes, room sprays, household products
- Heavy metals — mercury, lead, aluminum, arsenic, nickel, cadmium, etc.
- Pesticides & Herbicides — lawn products like Roundup
- Pollution — vehicles, planes, power plants, industrial facilities, etc.
- Others: formaldehyde, VOCs, dioxins, phthalates, triclosan, asbestos, and mold
What Happens to Your Health
Toxins contribute to countless health problems and are absorbed via…
- Air — such as pollution and fragrances
- Water — such as drinking water, showering or swimming in a pool
- Skin — anything in contact with your skin, such as water, beauty/personal/cleaning products
- Ingestion — anything ingested such as food, beverages, supplements, medications
You may have detoxed your body, but have you ever detoxed your environment? Although detoxing your body is good, it’s difficult to make progress if you don’t reduce toxins at the source. Unfortunately, most living and work spaces today are FULL of toxic chemicals.
Are you ready to reduce toxins in your daily life?
Keep in mind that you don’t have to do everything at once. As you need to replace items, then re-stock with healthier alternatives. Upgrading will improve your health, your family’s health, and even your pet’s health.
Here are some BLOG post to get you started. And I'll be adding more, so check back often.
I hope you find these helpful. If there is anything you are looking for in particular contact me, I probably have a recipe waiting just for you.
Blessings for Health, Joy & Laughter,